Burfordville is an unincorporated community in western Cape Girardeau County, Missouri on the banks of the Whitewater River. It is located five miles west of Jackson on Route 34. Bollinger Mill State Historic Site and Burfordville Covered Bridge are both listed on the National Register of Historic Places listings in Cape Girardeau County.
Major George Frderick Bollinger, a Swiss German immigrant from North Carolina, built the Bollinger Mill in 1797. Major Bollinger was promised a large tract of land if he returned to North Carolina to encourage others to move to Missouri. He did so, and returned with 20 other Swiss and German immigrant families. The village of Burfordville was formed in 1900, and was named for local pioneer John Burford.