As anyone who has ever listed a house on the market can tell you, finding a real estate agent isn't hard. Finding the right one is! So...how do you pick the right one for your home and situation? Here are a few tips to get you started.
First, we recommend you interview at least two, and preferably three, agents. As with any interview it is important to ask the proper questions. Here are a few to consider:
1) What is your recent experience with properties in my price range and area?
2) Can you provide me with current market statistics?
3) Is a staging consultation (by an Accredited Staging Professional) included in your marketing plan?
4) Do you utilize Microsoft Tag technology to capture buyer leads?
5) Do you have a personal website?
6) May I see your resume or personal brochure?
7) What educational designations have you achieved?
8) Do you provide a written activity report to sellers?
9) Are you a full time agent?
10) How many agents are there in your company?
11) Do you offer designated agency?
But most importantly, you must feel completely comfortable with your agent. Do your personalities compliment one another's? Can you speak frankly with each other?
If you have questions or need help, please call us at our Cape Girardeau Office (573) 335-8111 or our Jackson Office (573) 243-2555.